Glendalough Mountains

Glendalough Mountains

Friday, May 14, 2010

Rough draft hopefully not too rough

So…I’m only about 58 hours late in my post of my rough draft!!! I’m realizing now that I should have just posted a few slides of what I had; however, I’ve learned that I really can’t post a PowerPoint presentation with sound to Blogger. Trust me…I’ve tried and tried and tried!! In addition, I’ve cried, lost my temper, gone giddy, panicked, and last night pulled an all nighter (which I haven’t done since I was an undergrad and I’m way too old to not get any sleep). So, I apologize if my post is rambling as I have been working on this project for a while now and actually for about 23 hours straight now. I’ve downloaded all sorts of great gadgets and tools for PowerPoint and Blogger…none of which have helped me at all. So in the end all I’m able to do is post this link to my Google documents page where my slide show is being held. You will need to click the download button (it is a rather large file so it will take a while and it will say that it can’t scan for viruses…download it anyway, I promise I’m not sending anyone a virus). If you click open, it should automatically open up PowerPoint for you. Just click the full screen viewer or view slide show (whichever you prefer) and make sure you have sound on as well. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for changes or if it even makes sense. I’m drinking coffee now so I should be awake for a while as I have more homework to do and plenty of house cleaning to get done. Thanks for listening to my ranting…and please, please post your comments on my blog (the good, the bad, and the ugly…I can take it)!!

PS. I’m also going to try to send this to everyone in an email since I’ve no idea if this link is really going to work…

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B3bQbfhPFELPMDVkZDU0MTgtY2RmNS00Zjc4LWI1OWItYmU0Mjg4NWViM2E3&hl=en

Addendum: Reflections
I was too busy feeling sorry for myself from my frustrations that I totally forgot about the reflections part. I have to say this has been one of my favorite classes ever. I've always been a major fan of Ireland and the Irish people, but now even more so. I also feel a stronger connection to understanding some of my own family history and that was a great experience. Additionally, even though from my ranting above it may not seem like it, I love technology and learning how to use new programs and stuff so the idea of blogging was great. Honestly at first I wasn't sold on the idea before we started blogging, but I quickly changed my mind. So thanks for opening me up to yet another new experience and all the new perspectives. Great class, great instructor, and great classmates...now on to graduation on Sunday...WhoooHoooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment